Bird feeders make a fantastic addition to your yard, garden, or window. However, not all bird feeders are made equal.
Especially when looking to attract specific birds, making the right choice is crucial.
Cardinals are a beautiful bird to watch, but they are large, and not every bird feeder will work for them.
There are many things you must consider when buying a birdhouse in general, and extra considerations must be made when you’re after cardinals specifically.
Below is a list of ten of the best bird feeders for cardinals available right now.
What To Look For When Choosing the Best Feeder for Cardinals?
Consider the following factors when choosing your bird feeder:
User feedback is extremely important when considering any product. Look at both positive and negative reviews and consider any patterns you see.
Think about what’s most important to you and compare it to what people have to say about the product.
Cost is a factor for many. Determine your budget before you start looking, and find the best possible quality you can for the price you’re able to pay.
A sturdy bird feeder will last. You don’t want to be replacing it all the time. Look for quality materials, design, and construction. Consider the finish and if it will be worn down by the elements.
Cardinals are large birds. This means you need a larger bird feeder. Before buying, look at the size and ensure cardinals will not only fit but be able to balance.
There are many designs to choose from. Is it a tube feeder, or more of an open concept?
Ask yourself which design will fit best with your garden and your location. Do you have a lot of squirrels? If you do, a tube and/or closed feeder might be a safer choice for you.
Top 10 Best Feeders for Cardinals
1. Nature’s Hangout – Window Bird Feeder with Strong Suction Cups and Seed Tray
This bird feeder is perfect for getting a close-up view of your favorite birds right at your window. It’s strong suction cups keep it in place while the cardinals grab their snack.
- Sticks right to the window.
- It offers a close-up view.
- It’s extremely easy to clean.
- Suction cups will need to be replaced on occasion.
- It doesn’t protect the birdseed from the elements.
Simple, sturdy, and practical. This bird feeder allows you a beautiful close-up view of the cardinals.
2. Brome – Squirrel Buster Plus Bird Feeder
This squirrel-proof bird feeder includes six feeding ports and can hold around five pounds of birdseed. It also comes with a cardinal ring to attract the larger red birds.
- It comes with a lifetime care warranty.
- A free cardinal ring is included.
- It has a seed ventilation system for maximum freshness.
- Some birds may struggle to balance on the perches.
- The screw-on top can make cleaning a bit difficult.
This bird feeder has a standard squirrel-proof design that allows for a variety of birds, including cardinals.
3. Perky-Pet – Holly Berry Gilded Chalet Wild Bird Feeder
This bird feeder is small, cute, and functional. It holds up to two pounds of seed and features a round perch to allow for many birds to feed at once. It has a beautiful, rustic antique gold finish.
- The cap locks to keep squirrels out.
- It has a unique, attractive look to it.
- It’s very easy to clean.
- It’s somewhat fragile, so it should be handled with care.
- The feeder tray may fall apart as it gets chewed up.
Small, cute, and practical, this bird feeder will look fantastic in your garden.
4. Perky-Pet – Squirrel-Be-Gone II Country House Bird Feeder with Weathervane
A bright and attractive, house-like design makes this bird feeder a fun addition to your garden. It can hold eight pounds of birdseed and works to completely block out squirrels.
- The roof is removable for easy filling and cleaning.
- There are four possible positions.
- It can be hung or mounted on a pole.
- Water collects in the tray.
- It doesn’t fit on all poles.
- It may tilt when mounted on some poles.
This bird feeder holds a lot of seed and adds a great splash of color to your garden.
5. Perky-Pet – Red Cardinal Bird Feeder
This bird feeder is perfect for cardinals as it’s big enough to hold them, and it matches their bright color! It has a circular perch and an overhang to provide shade.
- The zinc-plated finish offers rust resistance and durability.
- It has a large feeding area for bigger birds like cardinals.
- The mesh surface provides a large feeding area.
- Some birds may struggle to balance on the perch.
- Some squirrels can figure out how to sit on the porch.
This bird feeder is bright, colorful, fun, and practical all at the same time.
6. Nature Anywhere – Window Bird Feeder House
This bird feeder allows you to see the birds right up close from your window. It features a sliding feeder tray for easy filling and cleaning and comes with heavy-duty suction cups.
- It attaches right to the window.
- There are two sections to allow the feeding of two different types of birdseed.
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- The seeds may spill a little bit.
- It’s only big enough for a small number of birds at once.
Small but functional, this bird feeder gives you a close-up view and an easy cleaning and filling experience.
This bird feeder features an easy, simple hanging design. The platform is spacious and will allow for many birds to feed at once.
- It’s made entirely in the USA.
- The platform is made from 90 percent recycled plastic.
- It is screwed together and sturdy.
- The birdseed is vulnerable to rain.
- It may spill if tipped over too much.
Simple and practical, this bird feeder is a fast and easy addition to your garden that the birds will love.
8. HHXRISE – Bird Feeder, Strong Large Size Bird Feeder with Suction Cups & Seed Tray
This bird feeder features a unique design that allows it to double as a birdhouse.
Birds can snack and hang out at the same time. It provides a good amount of shade and protection.
- It acts as a bird feeder and a birdhouse.
- It includes a drain hole for rainwater.
- It’s very easy to install.
- It has a separate spot to provide drinking water.
- It can be stuck on the window or hung up
- The suction cups aren’t as effective as they should be.
- The walls are a little fragile and should be handled with care.
This bird feeder is versatile, easy, and perfect for seeing birds up close and personal.
9. Nature Anywhere – Large Hanging Bird Feeder 2020 Gift Edition
This bird feeder is incredibly simple yet innovative at the same time. It has sections for different types of seed and features easy sliding trays for hassle-free filling and cleaning.
- Easy to install, clean, fill, and maintain.
- You can feed multiple types of seed at a time.
- It includes an air circulation system to keep the seeds fresh and dry.
- Squirrels may be able to jump on it.
- It can fall from its hanger if shaken around too much.
This hanging bird feeder is simple, beautiful, and easy to maintain.
10. AmazonBasics – Basic Two-Tier Bird Feeder
This hanging bird feeder features two separate tiers, allowing you to attract a number of different birds. It’s finished with a rust-resistant powder coating and can hold up to 4.5 pounds of birdseed.
- Two tiers allow for many birds to feed at once.
- The circular perch allows feeding in any direction.
- It is easy to install.
- It must be taken apart to clean and fill.
- He included hanging wire is not very strong.
This bird feeder is simple, easy to install, and allows for many birds to feed at once.
Final Thoughts: Which Product Is The Best?
Bird feeders come in so many different shapes, sizes, and styles. Especially if you want to attract a certain kind of bird, it can be extremely difficult to make the right choice.
Cardinals are large birds and therefore require a specific size and type of bird feeder.
To attract cardinals, number eight on this list is your best bet – the easy, functional, and beautiful bird feeder that doubles as a birdhouse.
Providing shade, housing, birdseed, and water, it’s the ultimate destination for cardinals and other birds alike.
The birds will stick around for long periods of time, and you’ll be able to enjoy a wonderful variety.