Most people like birds hanging out of their gardens. These little visitors often brighten everyone’s mood. They are also good for the garden since birds love eating pests, especially during spring.
If you want these little birds to keep coming back to your garden, you have to put something that they need. Buying the best bird feeder is the easiest way to charm your little friends.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider When Choosing The Best Bird Feeder?
When choosing your bird feeder, there are several criteria you need to keep in mind.
These items will help you decide which is best in terms of quality, practicality, design, and functionality.
First, you want to consider your budget. The price of a bird feeder can be all over the place, so decide how much you want to spend and go from there.
It’s also important to consider the feedback from other customers. Amazon often contains multiple reviews you can look at.
Another thing to think about is the size. Some are bigger than others, so you must know how big of a feeder you want. This will depend on the size of your garden and how much available space you have.
You’ll also want to consider the design. Many bird feeders are long and narrow and hang from somewhere.
Others are simply a hanging dish or tray, while others look more like a house or building. Each design as its own set of advantages and issues.
Lastly, consider the squirrels. Squirrels will always go after birdseed, so consider what squirrel-proof features a bird feeder has.
If it has none, think about how you will keep squirrels out of it once you set it up.
Top 18 Best Bird Feeders for your Garden
1. Window Bird Feeder with Strong Suction Cups and Seed Tray
This bird feeder is a simple and easy way to watch birds from the comfort of your own home. It’s easy to install, fill, and clean. There are minimal hassle and effort involved, and birds are easy to see from the inside.
- Easy setup
- Minimal maintenance
- Great view of the birds
- Low circulation, food doesn’t last too long
- A lot of the seed falls through the drainage holes
Among the easiest to install and maintain, this is a great feeder for inviting birds directly to your window and watching them eat.
2. Perky-Pet Copper Panorama Bird Feeder
This is a tray style bird feeder with a feeding port and a circular perch. This allows birds to eat from all angles. The cap locks in place to keep squirrels out, and the copper finish keeps rust away.
- Resists rust
- Available in one tier or two
- Water can get inside
- Poor drainage in rainy weather
This circular copper bird feeder is simple, secure, and aesthetically pleasing as it attracts birds to your window.
3. Squirrel Buster Plus Squirrel-proof Bird Feeder w/ Cardinal Ring and 6 Feeding Ports
Exposed parts are chew proof, and the weight of a squirrel will automatically close the feeder.
- Fully squirrel proof
- Free cardinal ring
- No tools required for setup
- Lifetime warranty
- Feeding ports can be difficult for birds to eat from
- Seeds sometimes fall out when birds fly away
This bird feeder is on the larger side and is entirely squirrel-proof on the inside and out.
4. Squirrel Buster Standard Squirrel-proof Bird Feeder w/4 Metal Perches
This is a small, squirrel-proof bird feeder that holds just over one pound of birdseed.
It’s round and allows for birds to eat from every angle. The feeder features a patented seed ventilation system to keep the seeds fresh.
- Fully squirrel-proof
- Chew proof on the outside
- No tools required for setup
- Tiny birds can sometimes get stuck on the perch
- Difficult and time-consuming to fill
A small, compact bird feeder that is chew-proof and keeps the squirrels at bay.
5. Perky-Pet Squirrel-Be-Gone Wild Bird Feeder
This bird feeder is all metal with a weight-activated cage to fend of squirrels. Six U-shaped feeding ports are allowing multiple birds to eat at once.
It holds up to two pounds of seed and has a powder-coated, rust-resistant finish.
- Attractive, rustic leaf design
- The feeder closes at the weight of a squirrel, but some have seen squirrels get inside instead
A uniquely shaped, attractive bird feeder that resists squirrels and holds a moderate amount of birdseed.
6. Perky-Pet Gilded Chalet Wild Bird Feeder
This is a small, compact bird feeder with a two-pound seed capacity. It has a rustic, antique gold finish and is made of robust and attractive plastic.
The perch is circular, leaving room for many birds at once. The sure-lock feature works to keep squirrels away.
- Unique shape
- Attractive finish
- The cover has been known to fall off sometimes
- Tilts easily and the seeds can fall out
A small, antique-looking birdfeeder, allowing you to enjoy it’s aesthetic and watch the birds at the same time.
7. Perky-Pet Panorama Bird Feeder
This is a simple, circular bird feeder with a perch that goes all the way around so birds can feed on multiple angles.
The lid locks in place to keep squirrels out, and the powder-coated finish keeps rust away. It’s about six inches in diameter and holds up to two pounds of birdseed.
- Keeps squirrels out
- Circular perch allows multiple birds to feed at once
- Some plastic parts are a little flimsy
- Seed sometimes falls out of the bottom, giving squirrels more access to it
This is a basic, two-pound bird feeder that feeds multiple birds at once with a lid that locks into place to keep squirrels out.
8. Squirrel Buster Classic Squirrel-proof Bird Feeder
This bird feeder is tall and skinny, with four different feeding perches. The feeding ports will close with the weight of a squirrel, and all exposed feeder parts are chew-proof.
No tools are required to set up the feeder, and it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Easy setup
- Lifetime warranty
- Seed ventilation system for optimal freshness
- Four single feeding perches instead of a circular base
- Seeds have been known to fall out if it gets knocked around too much
Taller and more narrow than others, this bird feeder has four individual feeding perches and is designed to keep squirrels away.
9. Perky-Pet Red Cardinal Bird Feeder
This birdfeeder has a circular design with a tray all the way around for multiple birds to eat at once. It features a zinc-plated finish for maximum rust resistance. It holds up to 2.5 pounds of birdseed and offers a wide overhang, giving shade to the birds eating from it.
- Attracts both perching and clinging birds
- Unique design provides shades to birds
- Compact size
- Bright color
- Perch is wide enough that birds can poop on it
- The design makes it difficult to clean
A beautiful, brightly colored bird feeder that offers a unique design and shade for birds that eat from it.
10. Woodlink Absolute II Squirrel Resistant Bird Feeder
This bird feeder has a double-sided “house” shaped design that will attract more birds due to the large surface area. It has a durable powder-coated steel finish and a large tow gallon capacity. A squirrel’s weight will close access to the food.
- Large and double-sided
- Large capacity for seed
- Small birds can get a leg caught in the brackets
- The metal bar where the birds feed can be slippery
A large and unique bird feeder that offers a durable finish and a large surface area for multiple birds to eat.
11. Perky-Pet Mountain Chapel Bird Feeder
Holding more than three pounds of birdseed, this bird feeder has a beautiful, natural design made of wood. It’s nice and sturdy and gives room for many birds to eat at once.
- Unique, beautiful design
- Made of wood
- Transparent seed windows to monitor the level
- Some birdseed has been known to fall out
- Shingles on the roof don’t last too long
This bird feeder is made of wood and fashioned in a unique, house-style design that looks adorable in the garden or on your porch.
12. Twinkle Star Wild Bird Feeder, Hexagon Shaped with Roof
This bird feeder comes in a unique hexagon shape and features a roof that provides shade for the birds eating from it.
The feeder holds just over two pounds of seed and can attract many different types of birds. It is designed for easy filling and cleaning.
- Easy to clean
- Unique shape
- The roof provides the birds with shade
- Comes fully assembled
- The tray is small, so not all birds can fit
- The plastic is not super durable
This bird feeder features a unique hexagonal shape, provides shade for the birds eating, and looks great hanging in the garden.
13. Perky-Pet Sun and Star Lantern Wild Bird Feeder
This bird feeder has a large, 3.5-pound seed capacity with a wide, easy to fill opening.
The landing tray where the birds eat is large and suitable for a wide variety of birds. The feeder has a unique design featuring a sun and star and can be hung, or pole mounted.
- Easy to fill and clean
- Large tray giving birds lots of room
- Features seed-saving drain holes
- The tray sometimes becomes overfilled due to large feeding holes
- Not very squirrel-proof
A large bird feeder with lots of room for feeding and a unique, interesting design on the sides.
14. Sherwoodbase Ridge – Wild Bird House Feeder
This is a sturdy, unique bird feeder in the style of an old country house. The bright color is sure to catch the attention of all birds. The ridge top design is meant to keep squirrels away and allow wild birds to eat in peace.
- Easy to clean and fill
- Comes with a hook for versatile use
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Unique and attractive design
- Seeds sometimes fall out if it’s knocked around too much
- The base is noisy when birds land on it
- The plastic windows sometimes fall out
This bird feeder features a unique, colorful design that will attract many birds to its large tray that allows for many birds at once.
15. WildBird Care Hanging Platform Bird Feeder
This bird feeder features a unique and innovative design that really sets it apart from other bird feeders. The feeder is simply a hanging tray, allowing birds plenty of access to the feeder.
- Strong, vinyl-coated hanging cable
- Perforated metal tray for drainage and ventilation
- The tray is removable for easy cleaning
- Construction is solid and sturdy
- There is no sifting system in place so seeds may be wasted
- No cover or squirrel-proofing measures in place
Different from a traditional bird feeder, this one features an open concept that allows for multiple birds to eat and gives them plenty of access.
16. Best Choice Products 4-Hook Bird Feeding Station, Steel Multi-Feeder Kit Stand for Attracting Wild Birds
Also different from traditional bird feeders, this one features a pole design with two attachable feeders that you can move according to your preference. There is also a bowl for water.
- Feeders are removable and can be placed on any hook
- Sturdy and durable four-prong base
- Assembly is fast and easy
- Very large, not suitable for every space
- Only two feeders included, but four hooks are available
While large, this bird feeder is a versatile, unique, and beautiful addition to your yard or garden.
17. Kimdio Bird Feeder Hanging Tray
This is a simple, easy bird feeder that can hang in your garden and look great. There is no assembly required, just hang and fill. This feeder is both beautiful and functional, doubling as the perfect decoration for your porch or garden.
- Easy to assemble and fill
- Birds have easy access to food
- It’s a perfect gift idea
- No coverage for keeping squirrels away
- Seed loss is possible as there is no filter system
Adorable and functional at the same time, this bird feeder looks great and is among the easiest to set up and use.
18. A Ting Garden Hanging Bird Feeder Mosaic Circle Birdfeeder
Another unique one, this bird feeder is circular in shape with a beautiful mosaic pattern. Birds can eat from the rim on the inside or from the drainage hole on the bottom.
- Beautiful, unique design
- Attractive color
- Easy to clean and fill
- Made of glass, so slightly breakable
- There isn’t much of a surface for the birds to land on
This beautiful, circular bird feeder has a unique shape and design, making it a beautiful and functional addition to your garden.
Final Thoughts: Which Product Is The Best?
With all of the options available, it can be hard to choose the best birdhouse for you and your outdoor space. The list above contains some of your best options.
Of the ones listed, number seven is probably your best all-around choice. It’s circular, powder-coated, has a roof for shade, and boasts a squirrel-proof design.