Whether you’ve got bird feeders to worry about or not, squirrels, rodents, insects, and other pests are a huge pain to get rid of and then prevent in the future.
They destroy gardens, eat plants, make nests, leave droppings, and more.
It’s crucial that you take the right steps to get rid of the pests as most people don’t want to kill or harm them, which certainly isn’t necessary to keep them away.
There are several different methods you can use to keep them out of your home and away from your property. Each is effective and useful in different situations.
Table of Contents
What To Look For When Choosing A Squirrel Repellent?
Pest repellers are pretty self-explanatory. The most crucial thing is to familiarize yourself with the different types and decide which one is best.
Types of Repellents
1. Natural repellents
Natural repellents can be a number of things, as long as they’re made from natural materials or ingredients. You’ll need to do proper research to discover the best and most effective ingredients.
2. Homemade repellents
There are many ways you can make your own repellents, though it will require thorough research and probably some trial and error.
You might have to go through a few rounds of products as you experiment with different formulas and ingredients.
3. Chemical repellents
Chemical repellents usually come in the form of a spray and contain chemicals that repel the pests.
This usually works by causing mild irritation to their nasal passages, which instinctively keeps them away.
4. Fear Inducement Devices
These use noise, movement, or other methods to induce fear to keep the pests away.
5. Electronic Repellents
These use a combination of electromagnetic waves and sounds to deter the pests. These work to clear out what’s already there and subsequently keep further infestations at bay.
In addition to looking at the different types, it’s important to consider customer feedback.
Once you’ve chosen a few possible products, read both positive and negative reviews, and check that there aren’t too many negative ones.
Customer reviews come from people who have already bought and used the products, so they can give an honest analysis and tell you how it works.
Lastly, it’s important to consider your budget when making any purchase. Pest repellers come at different price points, so it’s good to look at every level.
Combine your desired budget with research and ensure you’re getting the best possible value for your money.
Best Squirrel Repellent Available Today (2022 Buyers Guide & Reviews)
1. Neatmaster – Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Electronic Plugin
This product takes a different approach and uses sound and electromagnetic waves to repel the squirrels.
It will cause them to be confused and desperate to remove themselves from the area.
- It has three levels – light, medium, and severe pest control.
- It’s non-toxic and safe for humans and pets around the household.
- It doesn’t physically harm the animals; it’s repelling.
- It works for multiple animals.
- Some humans have felt mild effects while it’s on.
- Some dogs can hear it in certain settings.
This product might have a mild effect on humans and pets, but it’s ultimately a safe and non-toxic way to repel a wide range of animals and pests.
2. Bonide – Repels-All Ready to Use Animal Repellent
This repellent spray contains a blend of ingredients that causes mild irritation to the nasal passages of many animals.
- Works on multiple animals.
- Easy to use.
- It works in multiple places and on multiple surfaces.
- It does cause some discomfort to animals.
- It doesn’t smell very nice.
While it does cause the animals some discomfort, you will be able to protect your whole garden from multiple animals.
3. TBI Pro – Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Wall Plug-in
This is a multipurpose product that allows you to choose between electromagnetic waves or negative ions as a means of repelling pests.
It’s designed to plug into the wall and keep pests out of your home.
- Kid and pet safe.
- Different frequencies for different types of pests.
- It doesn’t harm the animals.
- It doesn’t work on all pests.
- The light can be annoying to some.
This easy to use, multipurpose pest repellent will keep the squirrels away without harming them, you, or your kids and pets.
4. Exterminators Choice – All Natural Rodent Defense Spray
This is another spray product that uses several ingredients to deter squirrels and other pests.
They promise that there are no harmful chemicals, and it won’t harm anyone or anything.
- Fast and easy to use.
- It doesn’t harm the pests.
- Safe for kids, pets, and adults.
- It doesn’t work on all pests.
- Some don’t like the smell.
- It doesn’t last super long – frequent reapplication is necessary.
It’s a chemical-free, harmless repellent that is effective and still safe.
5. Exom Essentials – Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Wall Plug-in
This is an environmentally-friendly ultrasonic option to repel small animals, rodents, and even bugs.
It’s human and pet safe, won’t harm the pest, and comes with two, so you can protect a large area.
- Works on a wide range of pests and insects.
- It’s safe for all.
- It comes with two units.
- It doesn’t work on some specific insects – some still have trouble with ants, for example.
- Each one only covers a limited range.
Though they have limitations, these units are effective for certain rodents, and it’s safe and harmless.
6. Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Plugin
This ultrasonic pest repeller was designed to protect your whole home, or it can be used for a warehouse, garage, office, and more. It’s safe for humans and humane for the animals.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Eradicate all types of pest and rodents.
- No smell and non-toxic.
- It doesn’t work on ants.
- Will not help with infestation.
This product is a safe and humane way to repel pests from any indoor space.
7. eHouse – Ultrasonic Electronic Repellent
This ultrasonic repellent works on rodents, small animals, and insects. It’s an eco-friendly option that poses no threat to people or pets in the home.
- It’s humane for the pests.
- It is people and pet safe.
- It’s effective for any indoor space.
- It tends to work better on insects than animals for some.
- It doesn’t always extend to the entire house.
This is a simple, humane, and effective way to keep pests away while considering the environment.
8. Colton’s Natural – All Natural Squirrel Repellent Spray
This spray is an all-natural, chemical-free option for repelling a number of pests.
It uses natural peppermint oil, among others, to do its job. It’s safe for kids and pets. It will cause them to instinctively avoid your property.
- It’s humane for the pests.
- It’s human and pet safe.
- The peppermint smell is pleasant.
- It’s an easy solution that works for any area.
- The smell might be unpleasant if you don’t like peppermint.
- Larger animals may actually be attracted to it.
- Reapplication often is necessary.
This spray is natural, humane, and safe for everyone while still keeping the pests away.
9. CLEANRTH – Three-Stage ComboSonic Squirrel Repeller
This electronic squirrel repeller has three modes, each with an increasingly powerful sound meant to help you take control. It’s designed to work either indoors or outdoors.
- Humane to the animals.
- Safe for humans and pets.
- Three modes make it effective in many places and situations.
- Even on the lowest setting, humans can still hear it a little bit.
- It only works on a limited range of pests.
- It isn’t rain-proof, it must be protected if used outside.
This powerful repellent has three modes to ensure squirrels are taken care of no matter what.
10. Diaotec – Rodents and Squirrels Repeller
This versatile squirrel repeller uses both sound and pressure waves to keep squirrels and other pests away.
It’s four modes are meant to take care of different species, both clearing any infestation and preventing it in the future.
- It has four different modes.
- It’s designed to work on many different pests other than squirrels.
- It’s useful even for larger indoor spaces.
- Cant’ be used outdoors.
- Some squirrels have been known to get used to the sound and return to the area.
This unique pest repellent uses two different modes at the same time to get rid of the pests and deter them from coming back.
Final Thoughts: Which Product Is The Best?
All of these pest repellers work well in their own way. Some are meant for indoors, and others thrive outside, but the Neatmaster – Ultrasonic Pest Repeller Electronic Plugin is your top choice from this list.
It uses both electromagnetic waves and sound to keep the pest away, and it covers a wide range. It’s also good for use inside or outside.